JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
This full-time position works closely and collaboratively with Curator/Senior Gallery Manager and Exhibition Coordinator to support curatorial, exhibition, and marketing initiatives. Duties entail developing related programming, workshops, assistance in exhibit installation, and graphic design surrounding innovative exhibitions and art experiences that further the mission of HUB-Robeson Galleries by effectively engaging with the diverse audiences we serve. Another key component is supervising multimedia interns and delegating appropriate tasks related to social media, exhibit information distribution, and exhibition documentation.
Develops, researches, and presents proposed exhibitions for HUB-Robeson Galleries and related programming surrounding these exhibitions. Identifies and applies for funding to support exhibitions that help produce exhibits. Maintains close communications and relationships with faculty and staff throughout campus to strengthen campus partners and facilitate exhibitions-related programs and assist in researching grant opportunities and manage open calls for artists, panels, and juries for application review.
Develops overall marketing and communications plan to connect exhibitions and its initiative through online, web-based, and in-person co-curricular engagements. Executes marketing and communications plan including writing, designing, and distributing materials and presentations as directed.
Supervises Multimedia Design Intern(s) and delegates appropriate tasks related to social media, exhibit information distribution, and exhibition documentation.
- Develops related programming and workshops surrounding the exhibitions installed in HUB-Robeson Galleries.
- Uses information supplied by artists to create professional designs for distribution.
- Writes press releases (excellent written and oral communication skills; copywriting, editing, and proofreading experience highly desired).
- Advanced knowledge of design programs (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) for marketing and social media practices.
- Designs and coordinates the production of all digital and printed publicity items, including but not limited to postcards, booklets, banners, print, vinyl signage, and digital advertisements.
- Documents all exhibitions, receptions, and other related programming via photography and video and provides copies to artists.
- Assists in artwork installation. Takes initiative, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets deadlines. Works accurately with close attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively and project a professional image.
- Works independently and in a team setting with a high level of initiative, creativity, tact, and professionalism.
- Takes a proactive approach to problem resolution; strong organizational and time-management skills.
Education and Experience:
Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher plus 2 years of related experience. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
G (STFF)-$30,012 – $61,500
· CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
· CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
· If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click “Apply” and complete the application process for external applicants.
***Please include cover letter, CV, and work samples/portfolio.
For any questions, please contact Daniel Battles: email@example.com
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
University Park, PA
Categories: Job Postings