Manager of Student and Visitor Engagement
Williams College Museum of Art (WCMA)
The Williams College Museum of Art makes dynamic art experiences to incite new thinking about art, museums, and the world. It is a vital hub for deep student learning and participation; for taking risks and testing creative, future forms of scholarship and teaching; and for boldly affirming the relevance of the history of art and the arts broadly.
WCMA seeks a dynamic and collaborative museum professional with experience designing engaging informal/co-curricular learning programs to serve as Manager of Student and Visitor Engagement. Reporting to the Associate Director of Academic and Public Engagement/Interim Deputy Director, the Manager of Student and Visitor Engagement will help to advance the key initiatives in WCMA’s strategic plan by effectively managing a range of arts leadership and student engagement programs: Gallery Guides, Think Tank (Student advisory council), WALLS (Williams Art Loan for Living Spaces), student internship programs, and Exploring the Arts, a first year orientation program at Williams College. They will also manage Visitor Services, a key and growing function that overlaps with WCMA’s student engagement strategy. The Manager of Student and Visitor Engagement will be a key partner in collaboratively designing and piloting new initiatives that deepen and broaden the relevance of art and the museum in the lives of students.
• Refine framework for Gallery Guides (student docent program) according to best practices in gallery teaching and museum practice.
• Coordinate all aspects of various student groups and initiatives, from planning through implementation.
• Collaborate with museum colleagues and staff across the College to foster rich arts experiences for students through co-curricular programs.
• Manage hiring of student employees.
• Supervise Visitor Services Coordinator and student Gallery Hosts.
• Provide logistical, scheduling, administrative, and event planning assistance to support the various initiatives and programs of Academic and Public Engagement.
• Arrange group visits and school tours to WCMA.
• 2 – 5 years of experience developing and implementing museum programs / engaging the public in a museum setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in museum teaching.
• Strong interpersonals skill, desire and ability to collaborate
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, year round position.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For full optimal consideration, please submit by January 26, 2018. Job Group 3-A.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.
Williams College is located in the bucolic Berkshires in northwestern Massachusetts, 135 miles from Boston and 165 miles from New York City. Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution of 2,100 students committed to building and supporting a diverse population, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff and curriculum. Please visit the Williams College website to learn more (http://www.williams.edu).
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/nckwzhrb7wd9895t
Categories: Job Postings