Staff Full-Time/ Position number 633775
Hiring Range:(Contingent upon available funding): 14.54 – 21.81, Hourly
Work Schedule: Flexible work schedule required, including weekends and evenings as necessary.
Lead the marketing and public relations efforts of the museum in a way that prioritizes creativity, community participation, and continual analysis/iteration of activities. This job is one part ongoing marketing tasks, one part multi-media storytelling, and one part community engagement. The position reports to the Director of the OSU Museum of Art.
Coordinate and execute all marketing activities for Museum exhibitions and programs, to include: the design, production and promotion of catalogues, brochures, publications, advertisements, e-newsletters, press releases, articles, event signage, website calendar updates, social media outlets; responding to media inquiries and setting up interviews; and supervising the distribution of gallery materials. Act as the primary liaison to the OSU and OSUF Marketing Departments. Is a key member of the OSUMA strategic planning team and help to determine long-term marketing strategies for the Museum. Work with Staff members, interns, and volunteers to support their participation in social media activities and creation of promotional material. Work with Curatorial Staff concerning production and promotion of the Museum’s catalogues and small publications. Work closely with the Director and staff to publish the annual report and artist-in-residence reports.
Public Relations Duties:
Write, edit, and distribute publicity to the media (including, but not limited to, news releases, articles, public service announcements, and calendar entries). Respond to media inquiries and set up interviews. Connect with local businesses about potential partnerships around events and exhibitions (Stillwater Business Improvement District, Visitor’s Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, etc.). Continually work to build relationships with media outlets (both traditional and informal) in Stillwater, Oklahoma City, Tulsa and beyond to share our stories most effectively. Actively and enthusiastically represent the OSUMA in the community.
Community Engagement Duties:
Continually research and apply new forms of community engagement to invite active participation with the OSUMA mission beyond our walls.
Develop and execute programs to increase businesses’ and individuals’ involvement with the OSUMA and its mission. Develop, implement and track events strategies to encourage deeper participation in OSUMA programming by new and existing visitors and members. Work closely with exhibition and programming staff to develop creative ideas for partnerships that can expand OSUMA reach and support our partners in the community. Work with exhibition and programming staff on evaluation strategies to assess both the research of marketing efforts and the impact of OSUMA programming.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
- Six months of related full- time experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to organize materials, write, edit, visualize concepts, communicate and interpret goals, including demonstrated proficiency in the use of AP style and adaptive writing.
- Personable and diplomatic in working with diverse constituencies and capable of inspiring participation from partners, media outlets, and community members. Fearless in reaching out to media.
- Enthusiastic about team work. Ability to work well with staff, interns, and volunteers to promote the philosophy and goals of the Museum.
- Must learn quickly and adapt to quickly changing environment. Must be self-driven, able to multi-task, creative, and superb on follow-through.
- Analytic approach to work, constantly thinking in terms of iteration, testing, measurement, and redirection.
- Works with a variety of social media tools and creative approaches to community engagement both online and out in the world.
- Ability to work with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Website layout and video editing tools.
- Two years previous museum experience
- Knowledge of Art History
- Experience in graphic design (Adobe Creative Suites package preferred).Please go to museum.okstate.edu for a more detailed job description.
Submit applications directly to https://hr.okstate.edu/employment-opportunities. Resume and cover letter required.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Categories: Job Postings