Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Budget Title: Staff Assistant
Local Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Posting Date: August 31, 2023
Duties: The Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art at SUNY New Paltz is seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to join our team as a Marketing and Communications Coordinator. This part-time position (approximately .8 FTE or 30 hours per week) will play a crucial role in how the Museum communicates and connects with its stakeholders by leading proactive and effective engagement strategies that further the Museum’s mission..
Duties of this role include but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and advertising strategies targeting both campus and regional audiences; utilizing various channels such as social media, email marketing, printed collateral, promotional materials, radio, and mailings
• Manage communication with students, donors, members, and visitor audiences and create engaging content to promote exhibitions, events, and educational programs
• Monitor and analyze marketing data to assess the effectiveness of campaigns and make data-driven decisions regarding allocation of resources, audience engagement and development
• Build and maintain relationships with local and national journalists and media outlets to maximize exposure for the Museum
• Oversee consistency and impact for the Museum’s branding and online presence, including the website, social media accounts, virtual 3D tours, the Bloomberg Connects app, and email newsletters
• Serve as the liaison between the Museum and the campus Office of Communications and Marketing for the Museum’s graphic design, printing, web, and press needs
• Proofread and edit Museum materials, coordinate the production of exhibition catalogs
• Manage the Museum Membership program, provide strategic support for development campaigns, and assist with fundraising efforts
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or at least five (5) years relevant experience in lieu of degree
• Previous experience in marketing or communications, and knowledge of marketing best practices
• Outstanding written, oral, and visual communication skills
• Strong collaboration skills, organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
• Experience with digital marketing tools and social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and other platforms as needed
• An analytic approach and a desire to make informed decisions based on data
• Computer-literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
• Passion for the arts and a commitment to promoting cultural engagement
• Experience using a content management system to develop and maintain websites
• Advertising experience, including creating online and print ads, placing ads and/or negotiating with ad reps
• Experience using an e-mail marketing platform to build, send and assess promotional communications
• Experience taking and editing photos and videos
Contact Information: Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to electronically submit:
• cover letter that specifically addresses the qualifications of the position
• contact information for three professional references
Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2103
Deadline: Applications accepted until position filled; priority given to applications received before 9/25/23
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members–students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (Clery Report) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/police/clery-compliance/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/2103
Categories: Job Postings