Museum Operations Coordinator
The Museum Operations Coordinator works collaboratively with the Visitor Services Coordinator and Public Engagement Coordinator as a key member of the Operations Department at the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University under the supervision of the Deputy Director. This position serves as manager on duty during assigned public hours and events requiring an in-depth knowledge of the day-to-day operations of the museum facilities including building, security, exhibition, event, and student staff. This position is responsible for the management of the museum’s constituent relationship management software for ticketing, merchandise sales and visitor tracking. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders this position will work to further the MSU Broad’s strategic goal of fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment for all.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain working knowledge of exhibitions, museum programming and strategic initiatives.
- Serve as manager on duty at MSU Broad Art Museum maintaining museum standard of operations and serving as an advocate for the institution. This work requires a variable schedule including nights and weekends.
- Facilitates exemplary customer service for all museum constituents through understanding, problem solving and personal guest interactions.
- Ensure museum policies and procedures are effectively communicated and enforced. Provide ongoing feedback regarding visitor experience and operations to support process improvement.
- Utilizes Altru, a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform used for ticket and merchandise sales, and management of constituent records. Serves as primary point of contact to trouble shoot technical issues encountered by staff and utilizes software support and training resources.
- Data management responsibilities include providing reporting and analysis for administrative and institutional advancement purposes.
- Execute assigned events including physical room setup, A/V operation, vendor coordination and visitor services.
- Assist Deputy Director with day-to-day functions and additional duties as assigned.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired through the first two or three years of college, such as an Associate’s degree in a business-related field or in a field related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in performing tasks related to the area of employment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. May require certification in the area of employment.
- Two to five years’ experience in-person customer service in a public facing organization.
- Experience working in a customer service setting with a variety of constituents.
- Knowledge of and experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Comfortable interfacing across the institution to facilitate efficient front-line communication and reporting.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment. A highly organized individual with the ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A motivated and flexible individual with an interest in broadening their knowledge in a creative cultural and teaching institution.
- Experience managing a CRM or other database systems a plus.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
To apply, qualified applicants must submit an application at the MSU Human Resources website at https:/careers.msu.edu. Please include a: 1) cover letter; 2) resume; and 3) list of three professional references (e-mail and phone).
8:30 to 5 with ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays related to museum operating hours and events.
MSU Bidding Eligibility ends on 09/05/2023 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Aug 30, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 19, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Job no: 893983
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 10
Major Administrative Unit / College: University Arts and Collections
Department: Art Museum 10050506
Sub Area: AP- Professionals
Salary: $44,133.00 minimum
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Administrative/Business/Professional, Information Technology, Library/Museums/Archives, Office/Clerical Support, Operations Services, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
Categories: Job Postings