UVU Museum of Art – Museum Education Manager
Position Category: Staff – Full-Time
The UVU Museum of Art seeks a Museum Education Manager to oversee and develop programs and initiatives that create meaningful opportunities for community arts learning and engagement. The Museum Education Manager reports to the Museum Director and is a member of the Museum’s core leadership team. The Museum Educator Manager collaborates on and contributes to the design and refinement of all exhibitions and programs, ensuring that they promote innovative, diverse, and accessible experiences. This position is responsible for education team leadership, oversight and support. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about the Museum’s mission, and the opportunity to innovate arts engagement as part of the dynamic learning environment at Utah Valley University.
• Responsible for oversight and management of a broad suite of Educational programming, including revenue-generating and value-added programs, ensuring that they are inclusive, accessible, inquiry-based, and mission focused.
• Responsible for managing museum education staff, interns, visiting artists, visiting educators, and education department volunteers.
• Responsible for effective communication and meaningful collaboration with all University and community partners.
• Responsible for aligning education initiatives with the museum’s mission and strategic plan.
• Responsible for working collaboratively with other museum staff members to inform the design and development of new projects and refinement of existing assets.
• Responsible for developing and cultivating productive relationships with University and community partners to enhance Museum Education reach and impact. Partners include: national, state, and local agencies; UVU departments and colleges; educational institutions, business and industry; museums and galleries; artists and educators; and other non-profit and community organizations.
• Responsible for supporting visitor services, general operations, exhibition installation, special projects, and events.
• Responsible for presenting lectures, workshops, demonstrations, guided tours, digital presentations, and other related programming.
• Responsible to perform other job-related duties as assigned. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a BS/BA degree in Museum Studies, Art History, History, Art, Anthropology, or a related field and 5 years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience with leading and training staff, interns, and volunteers.
Best practices in museum education and arts learning.
Working knowledge of art history.
Working knowledge of current museum best practices.
Experience with community outreach.
Broad knowledge of Art techniques, museum practice and museum education pedagogy.
Skilled use of Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of utilizing social media and online tools for educational programming.
Broad knowledge of art techniques.
Ability to work with diverse members of the community, people of all ages, and skills.
Ability to design programming for target audiences
Ability to work well in a team environment
Excellent written and oral communication
Graduation from an accredited institution with a MA/MFA degree in Museum Studies, Art History, History, Art,
Anthropology, or a related field and 5 – 10 years of experience.
Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $51,755-$64,693
Advertisement Number: STA105422
Open Date: 02/02/2022
Review Start Date: 02/18/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: Details of references will be required when needed
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2826617
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Categories: Job Postings