West Texas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Museum Educator, under general supervision, develops, implements, and evaluates museum educational programs for all ages, including distance learning and outreach programs.
- Plans, organizes and directs on premise tours, programs, and curriculum for students.
- Develops and produces outreach programs for organized distribution to public schools and other educational institutions.
- Develops and implements distance learning lessons and teaches programs.
- Develops online educational materials, including lesson plans.
- Plans and coordinates summer education programs.
- Provides educational programming based on the mission and goals to public school-aged children.
- Provides educational components for permanent and temporary exhibits, including hands on components and other accessible components.
- Develops outreach materials for use with area schools, including both unaccompanied materials and staff accompanied resources.
- Promotes the museum and its services to academic departments through contacts and presentations.
- Coordinates cooperative learning opportunities between the museum and academic departments.
- Coordinates educational programs/tours for special groups, youth organizations, and University departments.
- Recruits and schedules duties and training for Museum intern.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of related experience in education.
- Certified Teacher in the State of Texas, generalist or related subject content.
- Knowledge of State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications.
- This position may supervise employees.
- This position requires work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends.
- One year of related experience in a museum
- Experience with Altru Museum Software, history of the Texas Panhandle.
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Three references
Apply online at jobs.wtamu.edu
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page before continuing through the application. Although the attachment box is labeled “CV/Resume,” more than one attachment may be uploaded. Once you have submitted your application, you may no longer add documents. If you need assistance with downloading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at HR@wtamu.edu.
Texas law requires that males age 18 through 25 be properly registered with the Selective Service System. All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Categories: Job Postings