The University of Mississippi Museum at its Oxford, Mississippi campus seeks to fill the full-time-with-benefits position of MUSEUM PREPARATOR,whose essential duties and examples of work performed include the following:
- Undertakes carpentry/wood cutting and building for educational projects. Reads and drafts basic construction, floor plan, and fabrication drawings. Uses and cares for hand and power tools.
- Responsible for daily maintenance and cleaning of galleries and exhibit areas.
- Performs daily inspections of galleries, ensuring the cleanliness of casework, continued safety of navigating the galleries, and working lighting and signage.
- In partnership with primary Collections staff, develops appropriate mounting solutions to safely secure and best display artifacts for exhibits. Uses tools and special equipment to construct and prepare crates, mounts, mats and frames, exhibit cases, pedestals, and other exhibit furniture.
- Under supervision of the Collections Manager and the Antiquities Manager, assists with the careful installation, removal, retrieval, packaging, and transportation of artifacts for exhibits and loans.
To view the Job Posting please visit: https://careers.olemiss.edu/job/University-Museum-Preparator-MS-38677/569909100/
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons.
Categories: Job Postings