Like a restorative tonic, The Garden will be a welcomed addition to your schedules. Inspired by nature, The Garden is designed to awaken the senses and enhance wellbeing. While resonating with the anxiety and uncertainty of these crazy times, the luminous and expressively verdant interdisciplinary works create a much-needed refuge and heartening reprieve.
Piedmont Arts Museum, Martinsville, VA; August 7 – October 10, 2020.
Available for travel November 2020 and beyond.
For inquires, contact:
Reni Gower / Curator / Wylie Contemporary Inc
email@example.com / (804) 550-2616
Checklists / Box Chart: (MsWord.docx and Excel Inventory)
FYI: There is a second checklist for the collaborative piece Tools & Ephemera: Processed Revealed, which reveals the intimate backstory behind the artworks.
Catalog available for preview or purchase at
Condition Report / Installation Instructions:
Across the globe and from King to commoner, the garden has provided sustenance and pleasure throughout time in both corporeal and spiritual ways. As in Milton’s Paradise Lost or Bosch’s Garden of Earthly Delights to Monet’s Giverny or Thoreau’s Walden Pond, artists have portrayed the garden as an ever-evolving and fertile metaphor for life colored by contrasts. No matter its form, the garden protects and provides as much as it provokes and stimulates. In this time of anxiety and uncertainty, The Garden offers a much-needed refuge and heartening reprieve.
Size of Exhibition:
Approximately 250 running feet (walls) + open areas for suspended or pedestal works.
Exhibition may be sized to suit your gallery specifications
Number of Works:
20 wall mounted works (7 with multiple parts) / 1 floor installation / 1 suspended work (7 parts) / 1 installation variable (50 small parts) to be installed on pedestals, shelves or in cases. 1 optional vinyl installation on glass available upon request.
- Pedestals, shelves, or cases provided by the venue. Pedestal bonnets preferred
- Condition Report with detailed installation instructions travels with exhibition
- Special installation hardware travels with exhibition
- Catalog (1) travels with exhibition
Additional Support Material Provided by Venue:
Signed contract, pedestals (with bonnets preferred), invitations, mailing, e-vite, gallery signage and labels, press material to appropriate media list, reception, installation / de-installation / repacking, security (guard/gallery attendants during the day – alarmed doors/windows at night), onsite insurance with transit insurance to next venue, and a non-refundable fee of $3000 – paid at point of booking.
Packed in reusable museum quality boxes or crates
Each venue to provide one-way insured shipping to the next venue
- Free shipping estimates available through –
- Artisan, Inc / Contact Shlomo Ben-Yaacov: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TCI International / Contact India Crawford: email@example.com
- See prospectus for detailed box / crate information and shipping estimates
- Art Handler Preferred (may require a 53′ cab / truck) / May ship FedEx Ground upon approval
- Shipping via FedEx Ground upon approval (Virginia – California) – $2145 (6 business days transit)
- Cost and transit time will vary – dependent upon distance
Available on request:
High Resolution Digital Image Files / Press Packet
Gallery Talk / Panel presentation / workshops by artist(s) when funding permits
Extra Catalogs / Available at venue expense through https://www.blurb.com/b/10168542-the-garden
Categories: Traveling Exhibitions